This focused issue on “Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastasis” is edited by Dr. Timothy M. Pawlik, Department of Surgery, The Ohio State University, Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA.
Dr. Timothy M. Pawlik is the surgeon in chief of the Wexner Medical Center, the chair of the Department of Surgery in the College of Medicine at Ohio State, and as a professor of surgery for The Ohio State University. His research focuses on better understanding the factors associated with prognosis and staging around gastrointestinal cancers. In addition, he has an interest in studying patient-physician communication and patient engagement, as well as patient perception around goals of cancer care.
Focused issue outline:
- Surgical Margins in the Management of Colorectal Metastasis: Do millimeters still matter?
Luca Aldrighetti, Hepatobiliary Surgery Division, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
- Impact and Clinical Usefulness of Genetic Data in the Surgical Management of Colorectal Liver Metastasis.
Matthew Weiss, Johns Hopkins, USA
- Surgical Approach to Synchronous Colorectal Liver Metastasis: Simultaneous, Staged, or Reverse Strategy
Jean-Nicolas Vauthey & Lillemoe, Heather Anne, MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
- Role of Thermal Ablation in the Management of Colorectal Liver Metastasis
Eren Berber, Cleveland Clinic, USA
- Does ALPPS have a role in the Management of Patients with Colorectal Liver Metastasis?
Eduardo de Santibanes & Martín de Santibañes, Department of General Surgery, Hepato-bilio-pancreatic Unit, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Timing of Chemotherapy for Colorectal Liver Metastasis: Preoperative versus Adjuvant?
Bryan Clary, University of San Diego, USA
- Disappearing Liver Metastasis: Wait, Keeping Looking, or Attempt to Find and Resect?
Jordan Cloyd & Timothy Pawlik, The Ohio State University, USA
- Role of Hepatic Artery Pump Therapy for Colorectal Liver Metastasis in the Era of Modern Chemotherapy
Michael D’angelica, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital, USA
- Current State of the Art Imaging Approaches for Colorectal Liver Metastasis
Ihab Kamel, Johns Hopkins, USA