About the Journal
Hepatobiliary Surgery and Nutrition
Aims and Scope
Hepatobiliary Surgery and Nutrition (Print ISSN: 2304-3881; Online ISSN: 2304-389X; Hepatobiliary Surg Nutr; HBSN) is an open access, peer-reviewed, bi-monthly journal (Dec. 2012- ). The main focus of the journal is to describe new findings in hepatopancreatobiliary disease and nutrition, and to provide current and practical information on diagnosis, prevention and clinical investigations. Specific areas of interest include, but not limited to, surgical techniques, clinical and basic researches, transplantation and other therapies, NASH, NAFLD, targeted drug, gut microbiota, metabolism, cancer immunity, genomics, nutrition and dietetics, etc.
Contributions are also included from related fields such as public health, human genetics, basic sciences, education, sociology, and nursing.
HBSN is indexed in PubMed/PubMed Central in 2014 and Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE). The latest SCIE impact factor of HBSN is 8.265.
Article categories of the journal include Original Article, Review, Editorial, Commentary, Viewpoint, Images in Clinical Medicine, etc. The entire submission and review process are managed through OJS system, an electronic system, which provides an efficient way and ensures a rapid turnaround of papers submitted for publication. Articles will be published both in print and online. See more at Information for Authors.
HBSN is the official journal of the Society of Translational Medicine (STM).
Information for Authors
HBSN is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and it follows the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)'s guidelines and the ICMJE recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journal.
Manuscripts submitted must be the original work of the author(s) and must not be published previously or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission Turnaround Time
- In-house review: 1-3 weeks. Note: the time varies based on the length and complexity of the manuscript, e.g. Non-research articles like Editorial will undergo a shorter in-house review time.
- External peer review: 1-3 months. Note: Invited editorials, interviews or other commentary materials will not undergo external peer review.
- Publication Ahead of Print: within 1 month after being accepted. Note: Original Articles are listed as priority.
Open Access Statement
This journal is a peer reviewed, open access journal. All content of the journal is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for all to read, download, copy and distribute as defined by the applied license.
Free access and usage
Permitted third party reuse is defined by the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This license allows users to copy and distribute the article, provided:
- this is not done for commercial purposes and further does not permit distribution of the Article if it is changed or edited in any way.
- the user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI) and provides a link to the license but not in an any way implying that the licensor is endorsing the user or the use of the work.
- no derivatives including remix, transform, or build upon the material was allowed for distribution.
The full details of the license are available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
For open access publishing, this journal uses an exclusive licensing agreement. Authors will transfer copyright to HBSN, but will have the right to share their article in the same way permitted to third parties under the relevant user license, as well as certain scholarly usage rights.
For any inquiry/special circumstance on the copyright, commercial usage or adaptation of HBSN articles, please contact: email@example.com
For reprint order, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
HBSN is published by AME Publishing Company.
Address: Flat/RM C 16F, Kings Wing Plaza 1, NO. 3 on Kwan Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China.
Updated on September 30, 2022